Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gifts

I’m not a big fan of staging photos. Even when working with people, I am about saying, try this and then seeing what happens -- I like the natural poses -- seems more comfortable, more relaxed, more real. I do work on trying to better learn more starting poses, where to place the arms, how to direct people a little though. I’ve been fortunate over the years -- most of the people/friends I’ve worked with have a bit of performer or actor in them and it allows them to run with it and my images to benefit from that. And, I think it allows them a little more fun at times, at least I hope that it does. I bring this up as I have begun my indoor still life journey again. This is not an example of my staging, but a fortunate happening upon on my part on my mother’s birthday. This week you will see my new still life imagery appear in my blog though.

No comments: