Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Proud, Noble, Majestic

A whirl of emotions. When in the presence of individuals operating at such a high level of excellence in the field or activity they are passionate about, I find myself a bit in awe. Witnessing the culmination of years of hard work, dedication, and training reminds me that nothing worthwhile comes easily. Natural talent is a resource from which to draw inspiration and confidence, but it also comes with the responsibility to embrace one’s abilities to the fullest extent of his or her capability. Utilize them: engage in activities that encourage development, challenge limitations, and educate. Then share it all with the world. Help them to see what drives you, what interests you, what you have to offer.

Seeing this horse and being in the presence of my friend at this show reminded me that I still have a lot I want to accomplish. I appreciate Elissa taking time out of her day at the competition to teach me a bit of what she knows and for opening my eyes to a world I knew nothing about -- her generosity of spirit truly is a gift.

No comments: