Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mermaid

The Summer of 1995. I was taking my world of black-and-white photography by storm, relentless in my pursuit of the next great image. Also known as my “Up with people” phase -- beautiful people decked out in dressy-casual attire. I scouted locations, seeking out interesting new venues; and I scheduled sessions whenever friends were available to participate. Most took place within a few miles of Camp Hill. Here, we traveled a little further: the Susquehanna River south of Middletown. This early evening outing included two friends: Carla and Brian. The former the subject of this print. Much of the photo shoot came off resembling a fashionable young couple walking the shore of a beach and romping a bit -- carefree and enjoying each other’s company.

No comments: