Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Skyward Horse

Simple. Straightforward. Just the cloud and the weather vane. That’s what I like about it. You could look beyond that, if you choose. Talk about the space or the differences between the two objects that exist on the canvas that is a pale blue Summer sky. The cloud is white and freeform with gradient degrees of density. Whereas, the weather vane is black, structured, well-defined, and full of straight lines and 90 degree angles. I am reminded of the day I took this photo. I drove an hour across Pennsylvania to a small village populated by living historians. And there, I ran into some of my closest friends that lived just a few blocks from me. I spent the rest of the day walking the grounds and watching demonstrations with them, photographing all the while. It was a good day.

No comments: